Thursday, March 30, 2006

She's outta here!

I'm happy to say that, once again, America got it right... Lisa had the lowest number of votes and she's OUTTA HERE! Her attitude of I'm-so-good-and-I-know-it pissed me off royally! I'm glad that she's gone because now maybe she'll realize she's not all that and a bag of chips like she seems to think! She's an imitation performer, meaning that she's good at singing someone else's song, but for her to sing her own original song... I don't think she knows who she is and what genre that is "hers."

No one really did exceptionally well this week. Poor song choices if you ask me.

My recap:

  • Mandisa sang great but not above-the-bar like she usually does. My DH thinks that because she did a religious song that America might not have liked it, but to me I don't care what she sings as long as she sings it well.
  • Chris rocked it up again! I was so hoping he would sing Creed.. I was telling my family that just before he came on and he did! Yay! But he picked the wrong Creed song to sing. He went totally hard rock.. one of the hardest songs Creed sings, and that is what the judges didn't like.. my DH didn't like it either and he normally enjoys Chris' performances. Me? I loved it because I like hard rock. I still think he should have chose a song like Arms Wide Open, Weathered, or Torn; and, if he wanted to do a harder song, he should have done Are You Ready? which is definitely hard rock but not nearly as intense as What If? (Can you tell I'm a Creed fan? LOL)
  • Elliot did great this week, making the song his own.
  • Kellie picked the wrong song this week. Singing a Sara Evans song is not going to impress the judges or America. Why? Because Sara Evans sings songs that are pretty monotone and flat and that works wonderfully with her voice and she sings them with a flare that Kellie doesn't have. It didn't work for Kellie because she's got way too much range to be so bland. If Kellie picks Reba McIntyre or Shania Twain or Martina McBride, she'll do well next week.
  • Katharine.. I so did not agree with the judges on this one. She was off key and it was a horrible performance. Maybe during the playback the judges heard what I did, but holy crap was she off!!! ACK! And what a risk... picking a Christina Aguilara song... and not a good risk either.
  • Bucky did good. He sang Tim McGraw's Real Good Man and at first I thought.. "Are you crazy?! Singing my Timmy?!!!" But he sang it well and added his own flare making the song one that fit his voice. I enjoyed that. I honestly think Bucky is a good singer, but just not a good solo artist. If he were in a group or duo, he'd be fabulous I think.
  • Ace.. ugh. Wrong song dude! What were you thinking??? This was the week to show your stuff to the ladies who are hot for your pretty boy image (I'm not one of them) but you screwed up royally!! Picking Train to sing? Dumbass! You should have done Justin Timberlake or N'Sync! Ace is so boy band material. I say if he had done Justin Timberlake's song.. the one with the line, "I'm gonna have you nekkid by the end of this song" the women who think he's gorgeous and sexy would have needed a WPA and the teenie boppers who think he's hot would have squealed for sure! Get a clue!
  • Taylor- Loved it. He did a song I had never heard before, but he did it with a style and flare that I haven't seen from him so far. He was serious, singing behind the microphone, and with clothing that was normal. I liked it. A lot. When he gets all freak and wears those light blue suits and dances like a whack job, I cringe. I can listen, but not watch. This week it was nice to listen and watch.
  • Paris... she was incredible! Singing Beyonce was a HUGE risk and she did it brilliantly! She sang flawlessly and shook her groove thing and even did the Beyonce butt shimmy thing. I loved it!
  • Lisa... Ick. What was she thinking picking Kelly Clarkson? American Idol winner? A huge hit right now? Dumb, dumb, dumb... and if you're going to pick a song like that, change it up to fit your style. But, nope. She did the copy cat thing again and it got her exactly where she should be... off the show!

So there's my take on this week's American Idol. What's your opinion?

1 People Gabbed:

Sam said...

LOL - I'm so fascinated by all the blog posts about Amercian Idol - I never saw the show, (we don't have it over here) but I feel as if I know it well, lol!