Monday, March 20, 2006

And now... for a spot of comic relief

I have the coolest kids. My kids are true rock'n'rollers. Heavy metal dudes. They spurn Britney Spears (thank god!). They would rather listen to AC/DC than anything. So I'm walking past the bathroom as my 8 year old is taking a shower and I stop to listen to what he is singing today, because he is always singing something. And I hear...

"You... shook me all night long... yeah you shook me... yeah you shook me all. night. long."

Followed, of course, by the air guitar solo from hell. I couldn't resist. I peeked. Hair lathered, shampoo beard, shampoo suspenders (Angus Young, you know), rockin' air guitar going on. And after I admire his singing, his cute butt covered in suds, his general adorableness, I think to myself... Thank God he has absolutely NO idea what he is singing about!

Bless our children. They keep us grounded, and keep us focused on what is important.

3 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Freakin' A that kid has GREAT taste in tunes!!!! Woo hooo! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm just sitting here giggling. *G*

Lori said...

We often play "identify the band" when we hear songs on the radio. Both boys were able to identify Metallica when Sandman came on last night. Not so sure what that says about our parenting... although it took them 2 tries.