Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm addicted

I never considered myself an addictive personality. But lately, I've come to question that. Food? Yes. Chocolate? Oh yeah... Books in general? You betcha. Romance novels? Just ask my husband what our house looks like. Wall to wall "trashy" novels, as we used to call them when we were ashamed and hid them beneath the bed. Now I proudly leave my books around. They are strewn from one end of the house to another. Or is that just poor housekeeping? *shrugging shoulders*

None of those things hold a candle to my current obsession. Spider Solitaire. I blame my husband completely for getting me hooked on this game. Damn him. Because no matter how badly I'm doing, no matter how many games I've lost, I have to play just one more. I've been known to ignore my family, my work, my children, cooking dinner... all those things come in 2nd place when I've got SS open. It's my competetive streak, I admit it. I need to win that game. Beat the computer. Proclaim my superiority over the programming geeks who never thought I'd master their little game. Even if I have to hit the key that shows me all the available moves. If they write that into the program, is that cheating? I sure hope not. I want to win fair and square. Because, although I'm an addict, I won't go to any lengths to win. Because I'm bigger than that. Aren't I?

My name is Lori and I'm a Spider Solitaire addict.

I feel so much better now. They say admitting it is the first step. Now for restitution to those I've wronged. I will stay an extra hour at work to make up for my play time. I will spend an afternoon bike riding with my kids. I will go out on a date with my hubby. I will cook my family a 5-course gourmet dinner. Just as soon as I beat this damn machine.

4 People Gabbed:

Jennifer B. said...

So THIS is where you've been?!? We've been missing you and all the while, you've been playing a, a GAAAMMMEE? I see how you are. *g*

Lori said...

I'm telling you, it's awful! Really, though, I went back to work full time, so I'm trying to get schedules coordinated enough for online fun time...

Anne said...

Welcome to Gamer's Addiction Anonymous.... My name is Anne and I'm a scrabble junkie, as well as a Golf solitare addict. : ) When I'm not on the Yahoo groups chatting, I'm sure to be found in Yahoo Gameland playing either Literati (another name for Scrabble) or Golf Solitare, or Texas Hold Em, or Spades, or Bookworm.... I could go on but I'll just say once again....
My name is Anne and I'm a Yahoo Gamer Addict *G*

Lori said...

LOL!! You forgot Hearts, my other vice.