Sunday, January 08, 2006

First Round Edits... DONE!!!!

I'm totally hyper... ecstatic... revved... psyched... and nervous as hell because my first round of edits is done and I've sent the book off to some critque partners of mine....

I'M SCARED SHITLESS!

What if they don't like it? But more yet, what if they do? Then I've got to take the next step and finish up the editing process.. and eventually *GASP* send it off to actual publishers!!!!!!!!!!! ACK!

Okay... so I have no nails left on my hands... they've all been chewed off and I just sent the book off about an hour ago to my critiquers. LOL I'll have to gnaw on my arm next or something because I'm also trying to diet and can't eat chocolate which I desperately need right now!!

Okay... deep, calm, cleansing breaths... I can wait. No problem. It won't take them but a couple days to get back to me. No problem. Yeah right! I'll be freaking out every second of every minute of every day until I hear back from them... I'll be a nervous wreck... did I mention I'm scared shitless?? : D

BTW- I'm not scared of the revisions anymore and I no longer have a negative attitude toward them since I've actually seen the process of edits and revisions through a friend of mine, and also after reading Jaci Burton's blog on the subject. Check out Jaci's take on Revisions.

5 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Anne, it is going to be an awesome book! No worries! Fingernails have less calories than chocolate, but definitely don't taste as good *g*.

Anonymous said...

Go Anne!! What a year 2005 was for you. You wrote and competed your first book!! Very proud of you and remember, you can fix anything in edits.

Anonymous said...

Ack! Meant completed!

Sarah, carb deficient

Ann said...

Go Anne! You've hit the next big mark of a true writer--actually showing your work to people! LOL.

Best of luck. And like Sarah said, anything can be fixed. All is never lost (she says to herself as she prepares her fourth submission)

~Ann

Anne said...

IT'S ALL SO SCARY! LOL I'm waiting... anxiously and impatiently.. as my critiquers are busy ladies. I did get feedback from one of them.. and man, oh man was she a HUGE help. I had the hero with pants on one minute and naked the next. LOL Kelly(Paddle Princess) asked, "What happened to Jake's pants?" Um... Lizzie made them disappear by magic in my contemporary romance... LOL She found so many details I overlooked and I can't thank her paddlin' little behind enough for it! (((HUGS))) And to all of you ladies encouraging me... THANK YOU! It means the world to have encouragement and support.. especially in nail biting times like these when I have no nails left to bite! LOL

*hugs*