Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Baby Update

Just an update.. turns out Noah had some water on his lungs so they put him on an IV and gave him some oxygen yesterday. They said that that can happen sometimes with C-sections since the mother isn't pushing the water out.. whatever.. I have no clue as both mine were vaginally delivered.

So, I'll keep you posted, but he's okay and they're just being cautious which is ALWAYS a good thing.. which is what I told Heather. I went into step-Mom mode and I suppose Granny Annie role *eyeroll* I said it's a GOOD thing that they are making a big deal about every little thing and taking the very best care of our Noah. She was crying and then she said she never thought of it like that. *puffing chest* I felt pretty good making her feel better. Then I told her my story about my first born... pushing him out for 3 hours...he was in distress... they hooked him up to an IV and oxygen over nightthe night he was born... pretty scary, but I was glad they took extra precautions with my baby. By the time the phone conversation was over, she wasn't crying and worrying so much any more.

2 People Gabbed:

Ann said...

Oh Anne, your story made my eyes water. We're so vulnerable once we give birth, but there's nothing more comforting than an older woman and her wisdom. It's great you could comfort her like that.

I remember all the grandmas at my baby shower and how they howled when I opened a gift containing a bathwater thermometer. They said, "What do you need that for? If the baby turns blue, the water's too cold. If it turns red, the water's too hot!"

LMAO.

I'll tell you though, it really comforted me. And now you've done that for your step-daughter!

Great feeling. I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself.

Sam said...

I hope Noah is back in his mommy's arms soon, where he belongs!
She must be getting a bit of the 'baby blues' - I remember I couldn't stop crying for three or four days.