Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Reading on the iPhone

So in response to the SmartBitches' post yesterday about certain books being $1.99 over at Amazon, I immediately downloaded Kindle for iPhone and bought A Hint of Wicked.

Holy bejeebers, was it good! I'm going to see if I can squeeze in time to review it today while I'm at work, that's how good it was. I won't have time tonight, since it's Jeff's birthday! Happy birthday, baby boy! K, not really a baby anymore, but he'll always be my baby :)

Anywho... point being, aside from my worries that I would run out of battery life (I didn't, but I read super fast), reading on my iPhone totally rocked. And did I mention, it was $1.99??? The only drag is that I can't send the book over to anyone now that I've finished it.

How about you? If you have an iPhone or an iTouch, do you read on it? Do you like it?

7 People Gabbed:

Wendy said...

The only drag is that I can't send the book over to anyone now that I've finished it.I have an ebook post going live over at Romancing The Blog on Thursday that brings this up. I'm currently making myself an asbestos suit.

I cannot make up my mind about this book. I have it. It's sitting on my desk at work....but.....

I really loathe love triangles. With the passion of a thousand burning suns. And I also heard there is some soul mate nonsense floating around in the story - and that just doesn't help matters.

Sigh.

Maybe.

Some day.

Blanche said...

I have an iTouch and it has 4 or 5 ebooks in it but I've never figured the thing out! Mine keeps popping back to the title page when I try to scroll to the next page. My daughter is positive it is me and not the iTouch.......her support and understanding is heartwarming! LOL

Jennifer B. said...

Yay!!!! I want to read this one too and what an endorsement: "Holy bejeebers, was it good!" Good to know, LOL.

And cripes Wendy, you kill me. Asbestos suit. LMFAO

Leah Braemel said...

Hubby has an iTouch and he let me try out his reader as he wanted to get me one as a present. Trouble is I can't read print on a screen that small. That's why I like my Sony - I can get nice LARGE font that the iTouch just can't give me.

Lori said...

Oooh, looking forward to that post, Wendy!

Blanche, if you just touch on the right hand side of the screen instead of in the middle then using the scroller, you should be ok.

Sorry I can't send it to you, JB! :(:(:(

Leah, I could see how that would be a problem. Even though you can really pump up the font size, I've seen how big you need it, and that would give you only a few words per screen. Definitely not worth the trouble.

Nikki said...

This is my favorite way to read a book!!! I love it!!! I read books faster on my ipod touch than a regular book! I love the kindle for iphone/ipod!

Blanche--next time we have a get together bring your ipod and we will work it out. What apps are you using?

Stacy~ said...

So glad you loved the book Lori. The more reviews I read, the more I look back and think "yeah, that's how it was".

I don't have an iPhone but I don't know that I'd read books on anything that small. Just a personal preference. But I love the price - $1.99 is awesome for a new release.