Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A little peace in my heart this morning...

When he was just little, G never failed to ask me for a story at bedtime. Not from a book mind you, but one I made up. About him, LOL. So I would dutifully recount something that happened to him that day or the weekend before. Always careful to include every detail, from the smell on the breeze to the clothes he wore. And always culminating with whatever accomplishment he'd enjoyed.

Don't recall when that fell off and book reading began. But here in the last month or so, he's gone back to my storytelling. And both the writer and the Mom in me just love it. I could tell the story of my son til the end of my days.

6 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Awwwww. Nothing better than mom & son time. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. My daughter who is six loves to tell me stories and you know, they're some of the best I've heard.

Rosie said...

That was just the sweetest thing! Grab him up and enjoy every second.

Jennifer B. said...

Thank you Ladies! He is definitely my little man.

Barbara - Aren't their imaginations fun? Mine loves to make his own books---staple some blank sheets together, then devote himself to a correct title page, beginning, middle and end...I can always tell what he's learning in school, LOL. Have you ever recorded one of your daughter's stories? What a kick that would be when she's grown.

Lori said...

Steve has done that for years, Jen - make books. I've got an entire box filled with them, and I love to take them out and look at them. Now that he writes his stories on the computer, somehow it's just not the same :(

Jennifer B. said...

Awwww...I'm kind of looking forward to G writing his on the puter...cuz then he can update his own blog, LOL. I'm sooooo behind there. Sigh. Have all my catch up posts written, but now have to find the pics to go with them. Sigh.

Paul's Mom kept all of his stories...and I love reading them. How do we do the same...with this electronic age?