Saturday, January 31, 2009

You go, girl!!!

Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) proposed a bill on Friday on the Senate floor to limit the salaries of any company that receives TARP funds to no greater than $400,000 - the same salary as the President of the US, after it came out that the companies that received TARP funds so far paid out $18 billion (including bonuses) to their executives last year. This limitation would stand until the company paid back all the money received from the US taxpayers in bailout money.

You go, girl!!!


3 People Gabbed:

Linda said...

Oh yeah, sounds like a great idea. Think it'll pass? Not a chance. Am I cynical? You betcha!

Lori said...

Oh, I completely agree, Linda. It'll never pass. But good for her for at least introducing it. It needed to be said.

And I meant to say in my post that the bill limits the salaries of executives (not the salraies of companies, as in their entire payroll). That's what I get for not proofreading.

Lori said...

salaries. Not salraies. Again... That's what I get for not proofreading. LOL. And Oy Vey.