Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Oh wow, this economy better turn around, and fast

We just got our statements for last quarter. Between the two of us, we lost $47,000 last quarter. How can you lose that much money in 3 months? It took us years and years and years to save that much money! Holy shit. In the last 2 quarters, we've lost $72,000. Holier shit! Good thing we're just gathering shares right now and have time before we retire. Srsly. I feel so bad for those folks who are reliant on the market for their income right now. My mom being one of them. She's constantly telling me that I'm going to have no inheritance. Like I care. All I want is for her to be ok and be able to buy groceries for crying out loud. Sheesh!

And it doesn't help that Schwarzenegger and the California legislature have their collective heads up their collective asses.

Obama!!!!!! Hellllpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 People Gabbed:

Wendy said...

My Man and I saved up quite a bit of money and had the brilliant idea to invest it. Yeah, wanna guess when we did that?

Yep, right before the market took a major dump.

At this point we've lost half. Oh sure, we're nowhere near retirement age, but at this point we would have been better served to keep that money in our savings account. We were earning next to zero interest, but we also wouldn't have lost half of it either!

Carolyn Crane said...

Oh, totally! I can't even bear to look at my statement. I worked SO HARD!

Jennifer B. said...

Ouch. And you're right--very hard for retirees who are actually trying to live off invested funds right now.