Thursday, December 04, 2008

Can I just say???

I want to be a SAHM. I want to be at home, on my computer, having fun all day. I want to go to my kids' school events without having to rush back to work. I want to cook dinner every night (yes, really), and have a clean house, and clean laundry, and have time to go to the gym, or walk around the block.

And I feel really guilty for whining about going to work in this horrible economy when so many don't have a job to go to, but I can't afford to not work, either. Why, oh why couldn't that rock star gig have worked out for my hubby instead of the teacher thing?

K. Whine over.

4 People Gabbed:

Tracy said...

OMG ME TOO!!!! I want to do all of those things as well. It's horrid when my 6 year old keeps asking me to work in her classroom! UGGG!

Chantal said...

It's great, I love being home. I hope you get to do it one day soon :)

Holly said...

What Seneca said.

Heh.

Joking aside, it IS wonderful to be home with my children. I took treats to my daughter's class for the first time ever yesterday. EVER. Do you have any idea how good that felt?

I'm job-hunting, so my SAHM gig is going to be (god willing) short-lived, but..well, I wouldn't give this time back. I hope you get a chance to experience it yourself.

HUGS!

Rowena said...

I'm not even married and I want to be a SAHM, it would be heaven!