Monday, October 13, 2008

Have I mentioned I hate October?

It's fire season again... here's the scene a couple miles from my house.



It's getting so bad that the CHP is literally turning folks around on the freeway. The workaround for me to get home from work will take me an extra hour or so. But the worst part so far is that there was a traffic collision in the backup and somebody lost their life in that collision.

There's another fire burning about 15 miles east of this one as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't meet as the day/night goes on. But this is So Cal during October. Anything goes. 

3 People Gabbed:

Rowena said...

Ugh, it's been on the news over here and I couldn't remember where any of you guys lived, I'll have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

(((((Lori)))))

Wendy said...

Ugh - aren't these lovely Santa Ana winds just peachy? Here's hoping the wind dies down soon - and lordy, I cannot wait until we finally get some damn rain!

Lori said...

Thanks, Wena.

I'm hoping you guys escape it this year, Wendy! It's pretty much a given every October, isn't it? Blech.