Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am SO pathetic

I know I said I wasn't buying any books until RWA and the Reading for Literacy booksigning. But I just couldn't do it! I'm a pathetic lump. I did, however, rationalize it to death. Authors can't sign ebooks, right? So why wait to purchase what I want in ebook format? So I took my little booty (or big, as the case may be) over to Samhain and bought a buttload of new books.

I mean, really. NJ Walters released a book yesterday during my self-imposed hiatus. What was she thinking? And you can't just buy one, now, can you? It's a waste of a credit card payment.

7 books later... I feel much better now.

7 People Gabbed:

Rosie said...

Lori, I'm grinning ear to ear. Such a familiar tune you are playing. I can't imagine where I've heard it before. ;-)

nath said...

LOL :) Well you know what? I agree with you, your reasoning totally makes sense!! So don't feel bad :)

Dev said...

I completely agree with you, Lori. You can't just buy one ~ that doesn't make sense. Happy reading!!!

Anne said...

Isn't that the way it always goes? With ebooks especially. I ALWAYS find more than one book to buy at Samhain... though I haven't been there in a while.

Lori said...

I can rationalize anything to death. LOL. It's a gift.

BTW, NJ's new book is very good, but far too short :( I wanted more. Good thing I bought 6 others!

Chantal said...

No matter how often I say I wont buy any more books, I always end up doing it.
Sigh.

J said...

It's a curse, I tell ya. At least there's pleasure in sinning.