Friday, July 11, 2008

Can I just say?.....

A lot of folks have been posting their pet peeves lately, and on my way home from work today, something made me realize I needed to post mine as well...

1. People who drive just behind the police officer in their blind spot and refuse to pass them, even if they are going below the speed limit! A cop will not ticket you on a bright sunny day for going 60 in the fast lane (or even... gasp... 65)... even if he's doing 55 in the # 2 lane. Sheesh! (this is the one that sparked my rant)

2. People who park their honkin' huge SUVs across 1 1/2 compact spaces. If the spot is marked compact, don't park there. Why do we need a vehicle named after a fleet of ships, anyway? (the Armada? nuff said)

3. People who talk on their cell phones while checking out at the supermarket. Could you be any ruder to the cashier?

4. People who judge others based on their opinions of someone else entirely. Don't judge me based on your opinion of my sister, my friends, or my mother. If you don't like me, at least have the decency to have it be because of something I've done.

5. Waiters and waitresses who wear their pants hanging below their ass. I do not need to see your butt crack when you turn around after you've delivered my food. Have the decency to cover up when you are serving food, puleeze!

6. People who do not teach their children how to use the telephone, and how to have decent phone manners. Yes, I coached my kids when they were little ("Say, Hi, this is Jeff, may I please speak to Johnny?"). But now that they are older, they have impeccable phone manners and know how to take a message (when the mood strikes) and ask who is calling (politely, even). My kids still have friends who call the house and demand to know where my kids are. None of your freakin' business. Why don't you ask if you can please leave a message? I had a friend when I was little, and if you called the house and asked "Is Karin home?", Dad said yes, and hung up. He figured he answered your question. Kids frequently had to call back and ask "May I please speak to Karin?"

7. People who don't signal when they are turning, and then get ticked at you when you almost hit them. There is a reason those turn signals are in your car, people.

8. Pedestrians who mosey along in the middle of the road or in parking lots, even when they see you driving. HELLO? Could you move over to the side of the road, at least? Or try to be considerate and move just a tad faster? If you're granny in a walker, I understand, and am more than happy to wait for you, but otherwise, move your ass!

OK, now you rant away. Any of these ring a bell with you? Tell me yours.

4 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Dude, #1 totally.

And for #4... those people suck great big hairy ones. I really, really wish that once we got through our 20s and even 30s that we could leave high school behind. Sadly, it's not so. Mean girls still roam.

I'm guilty of #6. When I call someone I say, "Is Lori there?" It's just the way I've always done it. When the parents would say, "yeah" and then pause, I'd say, "may I please speak to her?" But very few parents did that. If the person I'm calling isn't there, I ask, "Could you please have her call Anne?" When they say, "sure" or "okay" then I say "Thank you."

Pet peeves for me--
~this, of course

~ When you're driving down the road and a car pulls out right in front of you only to crawl at a snail's pace. Yeah, that irritates me.

~When people repeat things I've told them in confidence. Dude, don't go there.

~When a person makes a mistake and others are mean and rude about it. That's why it's called a mistake.

~When people whom I am mere acquaintances with think they know me well enough to tell me what to do. If we talk on the rare occasion, it's not your business to stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Keep your opinions to yourself because honestly if I wanted 'em, I'd ask for 'em. Kay? Thanx.

~When something I did affects those around me. If you have a problem with me, take it out on me and not anyone who is associated with me. They obviously know me better than you and hence accept my flaws where as you aren't able to. So, cut them some slack.

Lastly... just three words... As Erin said.

MEAN GIRLS SUCK.

Unknown said...

Let me just say for the record if you live in North Texas esp the DFW area they will run over you while being quasi polite...

Now about the turn signals I thought that was to hold on while making a turn not as a signal.

Butt crack is the new rallying cry for just say no to crack!!!!!

If you call my house and I am in the mood one nevers know how I will answer you, esp on my day off.!!!

Now with the gas prices everyone is trying to off load that armada.

Hell I am sure at some point you will not like me whether you see or hear me. I fiqure if I made you mad is was for good reason and if you don't know weelllllll wait...

Chantal said...

Oh yes! I can't stand it when people slow right down just because they see a police car. If you are speeding, then fine. But don't slow down to below the speed limit when you already at it.
Jerks.

I also hate the ones who don't signal. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to driving are the bicyclists who take up more space than they need. It's to the point where I have to totally stop my van if there is on coming traffic because there is not enough space to pass them.

I know they are supposed to ride on the ride, for some dumb reason it's safer for them. something about too many people hitting them when they back out of their driveways.
Whatever.
I disagree with it. They have no business being on the road. Most of them take up too much space, it's dangerous. It's stupid to think that a little bike that runs on leg speed is allowed to share road space with 2 or 3 thousand pound vehicles.

Dumb rules.

Holly said...

I'm w/ you on the cop thing. MM told me once he sometimes finds reasons to pull those cars over, because probably they have something to hide. AND it's a safety hazard to drive in someone's blind spot.

Speaking of MM..talk about not using a blinker. Well, he used to not, anyway. Talk about pissing me off. But he's gotten MUCH better. As a matter of fact, I remember being on the phone w/ him not too long ago when he was out in the middle of no where on a dirt road w/ no sight of civilization for miles and he got pissed because he used his blinker. HA! That's what I'm talking about.

I have tons and tons of pet peeves. You probably don't want to get me started.

I will say my biggest pet peeve is probably:

Stupid People

And doesn't that just say it all?