Thursday, June 19, 2008

Money does NOT grow on trees...


Somebody PLEASE tell my son this!! No sooner did we pay for the bar mitzvah (which was amazing, and I will tell you all about it in a different post), than we had to fork over the cash for football ($200 to the school plus a commitment for another approx $500 in fundraising), new cleats ($95, cause of course Jeff can't stop growing), new Ts and shorts for practice ($50, see previous comment about growing), cash for basketball ($90, with more to come if he makes the final cut). All in one week.

So what did he ask me last night? Can I get him a membership at my gym so he doesn't have to get up at 8am to lift weights in the weight room at the high school? Seems the weight room is only open off hours from 8 - 10 in the morning. Little Prince wants to sleep. Would somebody please tell this child money does not grow on trees?!?!?!

6 People Gabbed:

Dev said...

I'll tell your son if you tell my niece. Maybe they'll actually believe it if it comes from someone other than a parental unit. Then again, maybe not.

Anne said...

OMG. LOL KIDS! Sounds SOOOO familiar. We no sooner got done paying for the grad party and the money gift than he wants this and he wants that and the youngest too who deserves nothing as he failed a semester of Biology. PFFT!! Sick or not, he could have made up the work.

HUGS my friend. Kids are greedy little buggers

Jenster said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm only laughing because it hits home with amazing accuracy!

nath said...

LOL.

Lori's son, money don't grow on trees! Believe me, I just started working and it's hard to make money!

Good luck Lori :D

Sarah McCarty said...

And when you all are done telling Lori's son, can you come over and tell my children? Especially girl child?

She received a Kindle and she's ripping through Amazon's inventory like there's no price tag accompanying a purchase!

Jennifer B. said...

LOL! G always asks when my next grocery shopping trip is. He KNOWS that's his best chance at something new. And his new word is 'angling'. Picked it up from his Dad, who uses it to describe G when he is angling to get a new toy. Yesterday, G was sitting in the backseat with the dog, eating his ice cream. He says, "Smokey is angling for my ice cream." LOL Sending you hugs Lori! And trying not to laugh too hard.