Friday, April 04, 2008

Precious and fleeting

Please note, I do not typically speak to my son in monosyllables. This was simply one of those conversations where I could barely get a word in before he resumed his faster-moving thoughts.

Driving home from town, G and I passed new construction.

G: "Look, construction."
Me: "Yep."

G: "I think it's a house. Who built our house?"
Me: "Ummm, I don't know."

G: "Maybe God built it. He builds houses."
Me: "Yes, God builds houses."

G: "God made us too."
Me: "Yes."

G: "How did God make us?"
Me: "Well,-"
G: "I know! He painted us."
Me: "Well yes. He painted us in his likeness."

G: "Well, we're dry now."

And bang, off to another topic.

3 People Gabbed:

Linda said...

ROFLMAO Out of the mouths of babes. That's just so quotable. I'm going to forward that to my priest. Bet he can use it in a sermon.

Anne said...

That is so sweet! very adorable. :-)

Jennifer B. said...

I have to say, it's been interesting to see how he is putting all that he is learning in church together. Just from this exchange, you know he has heard the phrase "the house that God built" and that he is trying to get his mind around the idea that God created us. Specially when he KNOWS he came out of my belly. LOL He knows my OB-GYN on sight and never fails to shout "that's the lady that took me out of your belly!" Doesn't matter where we see her.