Friday, March 07, 2008

Archie

Hi Everyone,

See Archie? Isn't he adorable? Well, read his story... maybe you'll find it in your heart to help him out. I saw him by happenstance and I gave a small gift. This is a lovely, lovely animal rescue who, as you can see by reading, takes absolutely the best care of animals... and all on their own dime.

Read about Archie...

UPDATE: I am doing much better and feeling very well. I go back in on March 7, 2007. If the x-rays come back great and the vet thinks I am fine......I will be able to go up for adoption! of course I will be neutered before then. As I will hopefully be healthy enough. Then my foster mom will be able to write up a bio for me. You will be able to see if you will be a good match. Please check back

My name is Archie. I am a very handsome lab/golden retriever mix. I weigh 47 pounds and I am 3 yrs young. In the pictures I am at the vet clinic for my first shot for the HW treatment. I have two more treatments to go through yet. If they work I will not need any more. If they don't then I will go through a series of three again. I NEED YOUR HELP! We need donations to continue my treatment!

I had two wonderful people that knew about me in a shelter. They were my first guardian angels. When they told Furry Bottoms Rescue about me Furry Bottoms took me in.

I went from the shelter to a warm foster home. Sadly I got sick only a couple of days after being here. So we made an emergency trip to the vet.

I was such a good boy. I let them lay me down for the x-rays and let them position me any way they needed to. I let them take my blood and never once did I make a fuss. I just wagged my tail and looked at them with such sad eyes. When the x-rays were done the vet and my foster Mom looked at them. My foster Mom saw these dots all over the x-rays that had been taken on my left side. She wasn't sure but asked the vet and she said I had been shot by a shotgun! My foster Mom got tears in her eyes. I licked her hand as if to say it was all right.

Imagine me trying to tell my foster Mom that it was all right when all that I must have gone through. I am so very tired and I don't feel very well. I heard the Dr. tell my foster Mom that I had heartworms. I am in between stages 3 and 4. My heart is enlarged and my lungs are full of fluid. I might have either an upper respiratory infection or pneumonia on top of this. So the vets put me on a diuretic to try and move some fluid out of my lungs and they also put me on an antibiotic. I have been getting fluids sub q so I don't get dehydrated. I don't want to eat but my foster Mom finally found a soft food in a can that I like. She was so happy. I can't even be neutered until I am all better.

The 9 yr. old girl will let me lay my head in her lap and rub my head. I sometimes fall asleep. My foster Mom will sit and let me lay across her lap and will sometimes lay down and snuggles with me. She throws a blanket over us and tries to help keep me warm when I get the shivers. She tries to calm me when I get scared from coughing so much and gasping for breath. She rubs my side until the coughs subside.

She also whispers in my ear. She tells me about the guardian angels that will help me get what I need. The guardian angels that brought me to her. The forever family that will adopt me and love me forever. She said I will never have to be sad, I will never again feel a cruel touch or be shot at, I will never go hungry, I will always be loved.

You see........ what she is telling me about............ is what I have been dreaming about. It helps to give me strength. My foster Mom will see me through until my dreams come true.

Right now though we need those guardian angels to help with the vet bills. This is the only way we can get the treatment needed for my heart worm. It is costly but my foster Mom said that I am worth it all. I have a heart of gold and those eyes...........those eyes that are brown and so soulful. Eyes that my foster Mom said that you hear about............now she looks into the eyes that were filled with pain and are now filled with hope. Eyes that are so sad that are changing every day. AS they love me I love them back. When my foster Mom cries and is hugging me I look at her as if to say that we will make it through. She has reassured me too. If there was ever a gentle soul that could look into your soul...........I am that and so much more.

I am hoping my guardian angels will help me. Are you one of them?

Love, Archie

More pictures of Archie.

More information about Furry Bottoms Rescue.

If you find this incredibly giving and moving, you
can make a donation to Furry Bottoms Rescue, Inc, via paypal... no donation is too small!


Thank you Shiloh for letting me know the donation button didn't work. I think they authenticate so I can't copy the link but you can still donate. There's a donation button on the bottom of Archie's page here.

3 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

Anne, the link isn't working. :(

Anonymous said...

I already did, Anne. I just did a search for Furry Bottoms Rescues. ;) Figured there couldn't be THAT many organization named so.

*G* There weren't.

Anne said...

You rock Shiloh! Archie thanks you!