Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nesting, Nesting...

Can anyone explain to me what to do with this strange pregnancy phenomenon of "nesting"? I understand that it's got something to do with a woman instinctively wanting to set everything up for the coming of baby. Normally it happens at the very end of the pregnancy, though for me it started about a week ago, and I'm just finishing up my 20th week now.

How the heck do I cope with this? LOL. My biggest thing right now is that I HAVE to clean the house, and I HAVE to clean out the guest room, which will be the nursery. We still have unpacked moving boxes from when we moved in a year and a half ago, so I decided I would actually go through them, take out what we need and put everything else in the basement. Well, turns out those large boxes contained mainly books that we don't have a place for. So they're all going in the basement. But being SUPER heavy each, I can't move them on my own. I got so frustrated because I just want the room CLEAN and READY that I sat and bawled for a while, finally getting up and deciding to go to bed because I JUST COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. (This was like 9pm, mind you).

Oh, hormones. But anyway, how did those who've been pregnant cope with this insane nesting thing? Curious minds are eager to know...

4 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

You just do it, LOL! It's up to Doug to cope with it.

Kris said...

Oh gosh. The first time -- I hated nesting. I mean I seriously hated it. I hated wanting to scrub scrub scrub. DH though I was nuts, and well, I felt like it at times. Eventually, I think I just chalked it up and dealt with it.

It got easier to deal with with subsequent babies.

Kris said...

I always say that the daddy should suffer the madness too, soDH always had to move things I couldn't.

KateS said...

See, I'm not liking it either. I'm only halfway through the pregnancy and there's no reason to clean and clean and organize everything!

I push the urges down most days, but sometimes it's just too much!