Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Random Blather

It's cold here. No. Correction. It's freezing here. The temperature is -7 and the windchill is -27. School was canceled. I do medical transcription from home. It's one of my 12 hour days (working a 2nd transcription job too). School day... 12 hour work day... Le sigh. But they'll probably sleep til noon or even later so it won't be all bad. Let's hope.

Anyone out there watch One Tree Hill? Did you see the previews for next week? Who didn't see that one coming with the nanny and Nathan? Anyone? Puh-leeze. Such a cliche. I knew it was going to happen. Knew. It. Oh how I wish they hadn't ventured down the road of already-been-done-a-thousand-times.

Life has been crazy busy here. Working tons and working on rewrites of my story for my agent so she can resubmit it. I'm almost done so I'll be getting those to her very soon. I want time to make cookies like Rosie did. I want to make oatmeal Heath cookies. Soooo good.

Started reading Karen Rose on Lori's recommendation. So far soo good but I'm only on page 48.

What's new with you?

***Oatmeal Toffee Cookies***

1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats(dry oatmeal)
1-3/4 cups Heath toffee bits (come in orange package)

Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

In large bowl, beat butter and eggs. Add in brown sugar. Gradually add in dry ingredients including oats. Add in Heath toffee bits.

Oven 350 degrees
Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Will continue baking as they cool.
(Recipe should be on back of the Heath toffee bits package).

**I normally make a double or even a triple batch. They go over very well and are VERY addicting. :-) ENJOY!!

12 People Gabbed:

Rosie said...

I LOVE Heath bars and oatmeal is a comfort food for me. Gotta find that recipe.

I've toyed with doing the medical transcription thing from home. How do you like it?

Sarah McCarty said...

*drool* You all are so cruel to tempt me so. When I'm off my diet I would like that recipe.

Lori said...

Holy cow those cookies sound good!! Only problem is that my men don't like crunchy stuff in their cookies (chocolate chips aren't crunchy) so I'd end up eating ALL of them!

Anne said...

They're not crunchy, Lori. The Heath bits melt. They're chewy and gooey. Soooo good. :-)

Jenster said...

That is cold! Do you have a hard time typing when it's so cold?

When we lived in Arkansas I did medical transcribing and our office seemed to be the coldest room in the house. I had to have a continuous flow of hot coffee just to heat my hands so I could type.

Those cookies sounds awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

Angela James said...

Mmm, I'm so making these. I did a clean out of my pantry and found FOUR unopened containers of oats. What the heck? So lots of cookies are in order, as well as some granola on the dehydrator, I'm thinking. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Bill loves my oatmeal cookies because I pretty much double the cinnamon called for in the Quaker Oats cookie recipe. Adding these toffee bits would be awesome. I'm going to have to try this.

I can't imagine how cold -27 feels. Brrrrrrr.

~ames~ said...

It was -60F (-51C) here in Winnipeg and the schools stayed open, but the buses weren't running. That's fun. :P

I hope you enjoy Karen Rose. She's one of my new fave authors.

And I wanted to make cookies too, after seeing Rosie's post. But I didn't want to leave the house once I got home. LOL

KateS said...

HAHA I saw Heath cookies and thought they were cookies to honor Heath Ledger. Or like in the shape of Heath Ledger.

I'm sad, aren't I? :-P

ShelbyReed said...

Oh my God, WHY would you do this to me? I'm innocently tripping along, checking my usual sites, being a good Weight Watchers member... and then this. Heath bars...chewy melty yummy goodness...Damn you, I say!! DAMN YOU!!

*whimper*

Lori said...

Holy crap! -60F? Geez! I've been whining about our 45-50 degree weather for the past 2 weeks. How on earth do you handle that, Ames? Sheesh!

~ames~ said...

Layers, it's all in the layers. LOL Plus, it's usually only January that gets that cold. But February is still in the -40s.