Monday, November 12, 2007

One Example Why I Love Nora Roberts/JD Robb...

From Creation In Death, page 81.

Her surrender to him, to herself, aroused him beyond imagining. And the fatigue and sorrow that sleep and shower hadn't washed away drowned in his love for her.


Big, long, drawn out sigh. I so love Eve and Roarke.

From Creation In Death, page 122.

Roarke considered his coffee, set it aside. And his eyes met hers. "I love you, for so many reasons."

"Maybe you can give me a few of them later."

"I'll give you one now. That unfailing moral center of yours. So very solid and true." He laid his hands on her shoulders, drew her in. Kissed her softly. "And then there's the sex."

"Figured you'd work that in."

"As often as humanly possible.[...]"


How can you not love that? Sigh. Amazing. La Nora is the master.

6 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

That Roarke is like chocolate - can be hot, dark, and melt in your mouth good.

La Nora has herself one foine hero in him.

I adore the "In Death" books. Have you checked out the audio books of them yet? Really good performances and the characters sound JUST like you'd imagine it, including Roarke, even if it is performed by a woman.

Dev said...

I'm very, very bad. I have not read any of the Robb books yet. I'll get to them eventually.

Jenster said...

*hands over my ears* lalalalalala

I haven't started reading the In Death books because there are just so darned many of them. But I know it's futile.

Geesh. Even Todd has read them!

Lori said...

I haven't read them either. I'm sure it's just cause I know I'll love them and then I'll have to read them all. Great quotes...

Stacy~ said...

Sigh. I am a huge fan, and so glad I started the series. Worth every penny.

Shelly said...

Like Gwen I love the audio performances. It's taken me 6 months of commuting (and about a zillion dollars...)but I'm on Innocence in Death.

Roarke is just mmmm mmmm good!