Monday, November 26, 2007

I have officially lost my mind... aka A money tree grows in Simi Valley

Carole King Sweet Baby James


It is, after all, the holiday season, and isn't that the name of the movie? Forget Brooklyn, the tree grows in Simi, and it's definitely a money tree. And I just chopped it down. In one fell swoop. We heard on the radio today that James Taylor and Carole King are playing together at the Troubador in Hollywood for the Troub's 50th anniversary. With JT's original band. James Taylor and Carole King, people. To. Gether. In a tiny room. It's this Thursday - in two days!! And we managed to get tickets! How could we pass it up? Ho-ly shit. This is why I work 60 hour weeks.

"Holy spend all your holiday money on yourselves and leave nothing for your children, Batman!"

No kiddies for this one, no way - no how. Grownups only. (The kiddies just rolled their eyes anyway. Idjuts.)

Have I said how much I love my credit card?

and how broke I'm gonna be? *whimper*

9 People Gabbed:

Rosie said...

Holy crap! You lucky, lucky girl. Credit card love is so beautiful at moments like this. Long may it rule. Yet another concert you will have to tell all. Out of curiousity did you find the tickets online? Call the Troub? Spill!

Anne said...

Neener! Good for you!!! But this is one concert that doesn't interest me. Must have been *before my time*! 8-D James Taylor doesn't do it for me, and I have no clue who Carole King is. See? Showing my underage ignorance. Snort. I'm 37, as if, but I can pretend *G*

Dev said...

Oh, I'm jealous!!! I want to go :-) James Taylor gives an awesome concert.

Lori said...

*GASP* No clue who Carole King is? Fainting dead away.

Rosie, they are only available for sale at http://www.tickets-for-charity.com/lp_jamestaylor/JamesTaylor.html. And if you go and look, you'll pass out at what we paid. Hence, my everlasting love for my *stroking it* credit card.

Lori said...

Dev, I've seen JT once before, and he does put on a fabulous show. Didn't you go a couple months ago?

The opportunity to see them together is a once in a lifetime thing. I'm soooo excited!

Linda said...

Oh My! You are sooooo lucky. I remember seeing JT in concert in the 70's - earrrly 70's. He was everything I had hoped he'd be. But to see him AND Carole King, oh mannnn, my envy button is all the way pushed. Sigh.

Holly said...

I just KNOW one of those tickets you bought is for me...isn't it? You aren't going to shatter my fantasy here and tell me it's not, are you? That would just break my heart.

JT AND CK?? Are you kidding me? And his ORIGINAL band?

Alas, even with my credit card I won't be able to attend...unless it's with you. :P

*Slinks away, pea green with envy*

Anonymous said...

You lucky bum! I am so jealous. Green, green, green jealous. And just for that you have to have a doubly good time! *G*

Lori said...

LOL Holls, if you can come up with a way to do away with the hubby that the... what is he again? Oh yeah... COP you live with wouldn't figure out, then it's all yours *g*. But it would have to be permanent cause otherwise I'd either be divorced or dead :) And I don't fancy either.