Monday, September 17, 2007

The Emmys...


Ken Levine had a great review of the Emmys up on his blog. There's only one thing he very briefly mentioned that royally pissed the hell out of me, and that is the Fox cutaway to the disco ball any time someone said something objectionable. Puleeze, folks, whatever happened to the good old-fashioned "bleep"? I found the cutaway so disruptive that it practically ruined the entire show for me. That's why there is a time delay, Fox. Just bleep the word, for crap's sake, and move on. Who cares if we can lip read it? Frankly, I find your Fox news commentators far more objectionable than lip reading a god-damn or a shit here or there.
And to think, I sat through the entire thing waiting to see if Justin Timberlake won for Dick in a Box... not knowing he already won the week before.
If you haven't already seen it, here is the Emmy Winning song of the year...

4 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

That song never gets old. (wiping the tears out of my eyes and cleaning the coffee off my keyboard)

Amie Stuart said...

Can you order those by mail? LOL

Dev said...

I can't forget that I completely forgot about the Emmys this year! Argh!!!!

Jenster said...

That song cracks me up. We watched it again on SNL just the other night.

It took me a while to realize they were cutting away because of profanity. I thought they were having technical difficulties. lol