Monday, August 20, 2007

This just nauseates me...

Hi everyone! I'm back from my vacation! I'll be posting about my trip, and putting up some amazing pictures as well (plus a bit about meeting Karen S), but this caught my eye as I was looking through my email this morning, and I just felt the urge to say something about this.

How many young kids have looked up to Michael Vick? (Including, I might add, my own). Now I have to explain to my kids why he won't be playing football this year (or god willing, ever again), and what exactly he did. I am so angry that I have to do this, and hurt my boys this way. How DARE he do this? It's nauseating, disgusting and just plain horrible, terrible mean. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070820/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vick_plea

6 People Gabbed:

Holly said...

Me too. It's horrible and sad. I'm just glad my kids are young enough that they don't pay attention to stuff like this..yet. The Girl would go into deep depression for days if she saw this. :(

WELCOME BACK, BTW. I missed you!

Anonymous said...

It nauseates me too, but I'm skeptical that it will mean much to Vic in the long run. He'll be back being the hero to kids in no time. Which is truly depressing because of the message it sends.
*sigh*

Rosie said...

I watched a segment on HBO sports with Bryant Gumbel on dog fighting in the South, where the majority of dog fighting goes on. It was the most atrocious thing I've ever seen. Of course, I was turning my head away about every 30 seconds.

Welcome back Lori! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Anonymous said...

It seems there are more pro sports players out there setting bad examples rather than good ones.

I don't know who this guy is but I clicked on the link and oh man. Somebody beat him. He needs it.

Linda said...

It is truly disgusting that there's dog fighting and cock fighting here in the South. I don't like violence and am no fan of man vs man beat the crap out of each other "sports". But I get almost physically ill when I think of what these men put animals through to make them fight.

Many years ago, I came in to work really early and there was an extremely large white dog laying across the front door. He was quite aggressive and didn't want to let anyone get by. He was covered in scars. We finally got some dog food and put it out in the yard to lure him off the entry porch. Then we had to call animal control. I usually took care of the strays that showed up at work, finding homes for them but this one was obviously a fighting dog. It was impossible to "make nice" with him. Quite sad.

Kristie (J) said...

Son #2 - that would be Ryan, was a huge Michael Vick fan. It was a riot listening to him and Son #2 - that would be Brent - trash talking about their favourite teams. Ryan was the Falcons and Brent was (and still is) the Cowboys. For Christmas I got them all kinds of stuff for their respective teams.
I feel bad now that all the stuff I got for Ryan is useless. He completely agrees.
I agree with you 100%. What he has done is beyond anything I can imagine.