Monday, July 09, 2007

My Daughtry Experience



I've heard it said a couple times in comments here that he snubbed someone at a concert when being asked for an autograph. All I can say to that is, he must have been having a really bad day because that is not the Chris Daughtry that performed last Friday, July 6th, at Summerfest.












The Chris Daughtry that performed was amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anyone perform with so much heart. I mean, when I went to see Creed(before they split up), the singer, Scott Stapp, sang his ass off, rocked the joint, and at the time it was the best freaking concert I'd ever been to. But now, and this IS totally unbiased, Daughtry is the best damn concert I've ever seen. Oh. My. God. He rocked. Remember him on American Idol when he totally rocked the joint? How he gave 210 percent?













Well, he was exactly like that. He was incredible! Sang every song on the CD, and really, really rocked them, even ones that weren't as "rocky" as the others. He did "Home" and "Feels Like Tonight" and announced that "Over You" will be their next single. Woot! (There ya go, Kate). He also sang Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden a capella. Man. Fucking awesome.











He was soooo appreciative to the fans for us knowing the words and singing and screaming. He kept thanking us and telling us we were amazing and awesome and told us(lied) that we sang beautifully. Snicker. We were sooo awful. LOL But it was great, and I'm hoarse from singing and screaming like the rabid Daughtry fangirl that I am. He had the S-shaped sideburns and the soul patch and I sighed more than once. He is so fucking hot.










If he's coming into your area and you like his music, I HIGHLY recommend going to see him. You will not be disappointed.

7 People Gabbed:

Jennifer B. said...

Ok. You're right. He is very, very attractive. LOL So glad you had a good time.

KateS said...

I love him. Sigh.

Rosie said...

Well, ummm... I guess I better go over to YouTube and check this guy out. I don't watch AI so I had no clue. Sounds like you had a fabbo time though.

Jenster said...

Ack! My son wants to see him as much as I do. How am I ever supposed to be drooling and all if he's with me. My husband would just ignore it. But Taylor? I might scar him for life - if I haven't already.

Chantal said...

I don't care about the snub.
So glad you had a great time!

Anne said...

Thanks everyone.

Jenster- I drooled too. My two teenage boys just had to accept it, as I could not help myself. LOL


It was me, the DH, my two boys, my sister, and her 12-year-old daughter. It was a super great time.

LA Day said...

Glad you had a great time. Daughtry is awesome. He got cheated on Idol but everyone knew he would make it on his own.