Friday, June 08, 2007

Dear Pantene...

Dear Pantene,

Yesterday I ran out after my lunch break to buy some conditioner. When I got to the shampoo aisle, I wanted to cry. What is up with the 2nd brand redesign in the last year? I was able to forgive the first one, even if I didn’t understand it. After all, everyone is coming out with specialty hair product. But, isn’t that what your hair product was about in the first place?

So, first, you came out with the specialty lines – frizz control, full & thick, smooth & silky, color revival, blonde, brunette, volume, texturize, HELP!

But now you’ve not only changed the way that my product looks, you’ve changed its name as well. How is a girl supposed to find what she’s looking for? And before you blame it on PMS... yes, I’m bloated, yes, I’m pissy, yes, I’m craving chocolate, YES to all of the above... GUILTY!!!... but, Pantene, PMS is your target demographic.

And not only did you change the name of my conditioner, but I also had to contend with finding it in Spanish. Yes, Pantene, my products were in Spanish. Now, mind you, I have nothing against printing your product line in Spanish. In Mexico. In Central America. In South America. In Spain. In any other Spanish speaking country. Somehow, I don’t think that Westlake Village, CA is your primary Spanish-speaking demographic. The high-falutin' divorcees are a bit too snooty, and the Starbucks barristas are even snootier.

So, Pantene, sorry to say it, but I had to go find another product. Because it was too hard to find exactly what I wanted. Your packaging was too fancy and froofy in an era where simple, clean lines are becoming the way. I couldn’t find my product in the packaging I could recognize in the color I could recognize in the language I could recognize.

Signed,

Lori
A former Hydrating Curls Shampoo, Silky Smooth Conditioner, Daily Renewal Treatment Leave-In, Curl Control Mousse Customer

6 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Oh boy! You poor thing! And damn Pantene anyway! They just lost a four-product customer! Pfft!

KateS said...

Darn that Pantene!

And I really think Pfft is my favorite word now. I use it all the time.

Holly said...

I was crackin up as I read this, because I got frustrated with them, too, and stopped using them. Stupid Pantene.

But hey, what did you end up buying?

Anonymous said...

I gave up on a Loreal shampoo for the same reasons!

Linda said...

I stopped using L'Oreal products years ago when I learned they still experimented on animals. It was hard because I loved their products.

Rowena said...

LOL, you're so cute! Hydrating Curls Shampoo, huh? Love it!