Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Long Time No Talk

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so scarce, but I've been a little busy.

First and foremost, Bob is doing better. He can BREATHE. He went back to work already yesterday, but today he isn't feeling his best. I'm thinking it's partly due to dehydration. I totally know he's not drinking enough water (like he did after the heart attack in January), so I told him to drink more water and see if it helps. Sure can't hurt.

Today is my daddy's 60th birthday. Happy birthday, Dad. Wishing you many more!

Got the contract from my agent today. It's so pretty, even thought I have no clue what some of the wording means Wooo freaking hoooo!

Been reading a little in between working on revisions.

Read an ARC of Jaci Burton's Wild, Wicked & Wanton. Yowza! Can you say scorching hot? I'll be reviewing it in the next few days. Awesome read.

I also read a very surprisingly good book... a Silhouette Desire from Heidi Betts called Seven-Year Seduction. I grabbed this one off my TBR shelf one night when I couldn't fall asleep but was hoping to find a book that would put me to sleep... so NOT what I found. I found a diamond in my TBR stack... a FANTASTIC book that, to me, was not a typical SD. No siree. It was way more than I even imagined. Boy is girl's older brother's best friend, like one of the family, and girl has the hots for boy in high school. After a game one night girl and boy grab something to eat, go park and eat, then act on their attractions and have sex. Girl is thinking boy is just as enamored as she is, but boy never calls. Seven years later... girl is home for her brother's wedding, and boy is the best man. Girl and boy dance at wedding, and boy's live-in girlfriend(LIG) at the time sees there's more than meets the eye and confronts boy. Girl is the reason why LIG and boy aren't married but rather only living together, she sees it plain as day and breaks it off. Boy doesn't feel so bad because he knows it's the truth. Boy gets kicked out of and needs to find a place to stay, so girl's older brother/boy's best friend says he can stay at his place while he and the new wife are on their honeymoon. Girl gets slobbering drunk because of boy and their past, trying to forget it all. Girl wakes up the next morning goes into the kitchen and sees boy standing in her brother's kitchen. Heh heh. Sparks fly in more ways than one, and at first she wants to leave but then ends up staying. They spend time together, get their freak on, resolve the past. Girl leaves back to job in LA, boy realizes he's in love with her. Boy talks with best friend, best friend/girl's brother tells him to go for it. Boy tracks down girl in LA, declares his love, proposes, she accepts, wants to move back home, and they live happily ever after. SIGH. Lovely. One I highly recommend.

2 People Gabbed:

Rosie said...

Anne, just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. Lord-a-mercy you've had a lot going on! I'm so happy to hear Bob is doing well. Congrats again on that contract. Lots of good things are coming your way I'm thinkin'!

Holly said...

Anne, I've been thinking about you and Bob, too. I'm happy he's doing well, and WOOHOO on your contract. That's fabulous!

HAPPY BDAY TO YOUR DAD!

That book sounds great, too. I'm going to check it out.