Friday, March 23, 2007

SIGH

Hello all,

Wanted to let you know that the last 7-10 days Bob has been getting short of breath and hasn't been feeling well, so on Wednesday night I told him he was staying home on Thurs. so he could call the doctor and get in for an appointment. So, Thursday he called, and today we went at 9:30. He saw the doc who suggested a treadmill stress test which Bob took and did horribly. So, the doctor tells us Bob has to have angioplasty next week. AGAIN. Sigh.

WILL THE MADNESS NEVER END??? Wednesday at 1:00 Bob will be undergoing surgery, AGAIN. Hopefully he'll be able to come home on Thursday.

Work is giving me a hard time about adjusting my hours for those days, wanting me to take time off when I DON'T HAVE ANY TIME AVAILABLE! And with Bob's issues I can't AFFORD to miss work.

Bob and I cracked jokes all day. Kept me sane. LOL
While we were sitting in the exam room waiting for the doc with the test results, I turned to look at him and he looked at me like, What?
I said, "When we got married, I didn't sign on for all this stuff."
He laughs.
I continue on, "I'm trading you in for a younger model, one with not so many ailments."
He laughs again, harder this time, then says, "Good luck with that."
Then we both laugh.
It was a good moment amongst the madness.

Another good moment was when sarcasm entered the picture.
I said, "Damn if you aren't the luckiest man alive!"
He laughs and says, "How's that?"
I said, "Well, you get to check in to the hospital again, get your chest shaved, your groin shaved, and get a catheter and balloon and stents shoved up your groin, a clamp on your artery for 12 hours, and a 20 pound sack of sand laid on your groin so you don't bleed out. Yay for you!"
He laughs then says, "Yeah, I'm so fucking special."

Like I told a lady I work with, you gotta laugh in the face of adversity or else you'll be bitchy, and bitchy is so NOT fun. And life's too short not to have fun. So, here we are again. Facing surgery. Great, ain't it? LOL

11 People Gabbed:

Erin the Innocent said...

I've got you both in my prayers Anne *hugs*

Amie Stuart said...

Hugs to you both Anne!

Ann said...

Thinking of you, babes. Hang in there. It takes shit to fertilize the roses, ya know?

Jenn said...

I will be thinking of you Anne and of Bob. I'll have the kids add Bob to their prayers at night.

Anonymous said...

Awww hon, i'm thinking about you both.

Rosie said...

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way. I loved the joking between the two of you. That's how my family copes too. Take care and keep us posted.

BTW, does reading help when you're stressed? I read like a fiend in my down time (not that there's alot when something is going on) because it distracts and relaxes me.

Anne said...

Thanks, ladies. It's just another hurdle we have to leap over, and we will. Then we'll work to getting back to normal. It won't be nearly as horrifying as the heart attack AND surgery in January, thank God for that.

Rosie- Yes, reading helps, A LOT. I'm reading Carla Cassidy's Without A Sound right now and it's really very engaging... exactly what I need right now. How's your son doing?

reviewer said...

Oh Anne, I'm sorry to hear that :(
You and your family are in my thoughts.

Jenster said...

Oh, Anne. I'm so sorry. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I love the sense of humor. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets us through, no?

Lori said...

You know I love you both. Hang in there. All 4 of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Big big love....

Kristie (J) said...

Oh dang Anne. (((((Hugs to you))))) And I'm impressed with you and Bob's humour. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.