Monday, March 12, 2007

Music history...

Got this one from Holly...

Go to www.popculturemadness.com, click on the decade you turned 18, find the actual year you turned 18 and copy the top songs for that year and paste. Then bold the ones you liked, strikeout the ones you hated and italicize the ones about which you were neutral. The ones you’ve never heard will stay unformatted.

1984

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
2. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
3. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
4. Like A Virgin - Madonna
5. Holiday - Madonna
6. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - U2
7. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
8. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
9. Jam On It - Newcleus
10. Legs - ZZ Top
11. I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar
12. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
13. Lucky Star - Madonna
14. What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
15. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
16. She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
17. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Denise Williams
18. Against All Odds - Phil Collins
19. Stay With Me Tonight - Jeffrey Osborne
20. Purple Rain - Prince
21. I Will Follow - U2
22. Miss Me Blind - Culture Club
23. I Feel For You - Chaka Kahn
24. Heart Of Rock and Roll - Huey Lewis and the News
25. Let's Stay Together - Tina Turner

OK, this definitely is not the music I was listening to! Not a good year for music, I'm thinking... Can you tell I'm so not a Madonna fan? And I dug the movie Footloose? Luuurve me some Kevin Bacon!

8 People Gabbed:

Holly said...

Karma Chameleon, but otherwise my list would have been spot on with yours. I like some Madonna, but not 80's Madonna.

And I lurrve me some Kevin Bacon, too. YUM!

Holly said...

I meant to say, "I LIKE" Karma Chameleon, sheesh!

Rosie said...

I have my list set to go up tomorrow. This was fun. I hardly recognized a single tune from Holly's list, but at least I know most of the songs on yours!

Lori said...

Yeah, I'm much more a 70's rock girl. Did not like the 80s much unless you include the Police, U2 (early 80s, not Joshua Tree so much), and others along those lines.

Cyndi Lauper is kind of a guilty pleasure now, though, isn't she? LOL I could have taken her or left her back then. Mostly left. LOL

Anne said...

Holy smokes... no you KNOW I'm going to have to do this next, right? LOL

Jenster said...

What memories! I started dating DH in '84 so just about every song on here has some meaning attached. Not necessarily good, though. LOL

Lori said...

LOL Jenster - me, too. And my DH just shook his head at this list. He was such a stoner metalhead LOL.

Jenster said...

He was such a stoner metalhead

LOL!! I remember dragging my "boyfriend" to see Purple Rain. I doubt I could do that now! (Though he did see Music & Lyrics with me a few weeks ago and actually liked it, but he denies that fact)