Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm So Moody!

Seriously. Bitchy, weepy, tired, blah, sad, lonely, stressed, panicked, etc. Moody is putting it mildly. I think my PMS gets me bordering on schizophrenic or multiple personality disorder. It's awful.

PMS is a killer. Sigh.

Even though I had a hysterectomy to save me from the river flowing(yes, it was that bad) and cramps of death(yes, it was that bad), but the PMS remains a constant. Every month like clockwork, when I would have gotten my period and just before. Why couldn't the PMS have left the building along with my uterus? This is horrible.

I think I'm going to try taking B6 or B complex vitamins again to see if it helps with the moods. It did years ago and then my PMS faded to not so bad, but holy shit it's back in full force... and it's not pretty.

Anyone have PMS issues? Any remedies you care to share? I'm desperate. Sigh.

6 People Gabbed:

Amie Stuart said...

My nutritionist put me on Magnesium and it's supposed to help. I had PMDD (can you say homicidal rages?). The change of diet has helped too--try cutting back on junk, bad carbs, wheat and picking up your veggies and protein some =)

Rosie said...

My gynnie put me on Evening Primrose twice a day along with the B-6. It's worked pretty good. I had my hysterectomy 8 years ago. Now I'm in the big leagues with menopause. Just started taking a natural horomone (again suggested by gynnie) for that too. On the whole it's waaaay better than the PMS before the surgery.

One other remedy that helps me quite a bit is chamomile tea. I use Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile or Sleepy Time. The only problem is that life doesn't always cooperate for me to stop and take a quiet moment to enjoy the tea and let it do its work.

Hope you find something to give yourself a break and some relief.

Jenster said...

No words of wisdom here, Anne. It sounds like these other ladies have some good ideas. Hope you find something to help soon.

Linda said...

Bless your heart. When I had PMS I couldn't hardly stand myself and managed to make everyone around me miserable to boot. Oil of evening primrose and chamomile tea and B12 were all recommended and tried. Bill says they helped, some. (Can you believe he fell in love with me when I was at my worst with PMS. God love him, I know I do.) Anyway, the hysterectomy only helps if they take the ovaries as well. I've been a happy puppy since mine.

Lori said...

I'm taking notes here.... I seem to be on the same schedule as everyone else! And the older I get the worse it seems to get. *sigh*

reviewer said...

I never uderstood the deal with pms till after I had my youngest. Before I had him I would get some cramps and that was it. Now though, I get so very bitchy and moody. Watch out world.
It could be due to the fact that I have 3 sons, and a husband who is a big baby himself.
Damn pms.