Tuesday, March 20, 2007

American Idol

I have to be honest here, when I heard the theme for this week, 60's British Invasion, I was like what the fuck is that? I thought it would suck great big hairy donkey balls, but much to my chagrin, not so. Tonight was the first night of the entire season thus far that sparked my interest. Thank God. For a minute there I thought I'd have to try to find something else to watch! Sheesh!

So, my take:

Hailey- Absolutely LOVED her! She was sassy, flirty, sexy, and she sang perfectly. She's my hubby's favorite... of course, the most gorgeous one of all.

Chris- He did wonderful! I agree with Randy when he says that when Chris slows down he hits ALL the notes. He was hot!

Stephanie- Eh. Not so good. Not a good song for her voice. Maybe next week.

Blake- Holy wow. I don't find him the least bit attractive, but he sang totally on key and made the song modern and his own and did awesome! Loved it.

Sanjaya- What. The. Fuck. Was. That. Holy God he's awful. I suppose it's better than previous weeks, but rocker dude he is NOT. But, with the conspiracy, he'll hang around another week.

Phil- Ick. He looks like Stewie from The Family Guy or Gollum from LOTR. How mean am I? But for his singing, he doesn't sing, he yells. And not in a good way. So not good dude.

Jordin- For 17, she's AMAZING. Love her, love her, love her!

Gina- She can sure rock it up, but it was a boring song and not one that works well on AI. I still love her though!

Chris Sligh- This guy is dorky looking but he's got a good voice and he showed that tonight, even if the song was B O R I N G.

LaKisha- Not so good tonight for the incredible LaKisha. But she's not going anywhere any time soon.

Melinda- The chick is such an awesome singer, I'll be surprised if she doesn't win this competition. She's like a Gladys Knight or Anita Baker. Insanely great.

My prediction- Bottom three: Stephanie, Phil, and Gina. The one I want voted off would be Sanjaya but that ain't gonna happen cause of the fucking conspiracy. Bastards.

The one I think will go this week: Phil.

4 People Gabbed:

Amie Stuart said...

Annnnnnnnn Anne I see we're on the same page. :D I was very pleasantly surprised last night--After the Diana Ross Fiasco I was worried

KateS said...

I'll watch it sometime soon then leave my comments, lol...

Alexis Jacobs said...

I agree with almost everything you said. Sanjaya is even worse than Chicken Little last year. I actually think either Haley or Gina will go tonight. According to an online poll Phil got the 3rd most votes.

reviewer said...

omg, I have never heard of that 'vote for the worst' thing. No wonder Hicks won last year!

What a drag.