Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lori's January Reads

So far, I'm digging this new record-keeping thing. 1 month down, only 11 more to go. And I really am a data person. My job is all about data. So, here goes nothing.

My disclaimer: I read for pure pleasure. I'm a very forgiving reader. It takes a lot to piss me off and make me dislike a book. So I give lots of good grades. In fact, I'd never letter-graded a book before I saw Rosario's tracking spreadsheet. I always just went with, did I like it? Or didn't I like it? I'm not so sure I'm going to keep this grading system. I may have to revamp the spreadsheet for my use. Time will tell. I will never give a grade to a book I review over at Don't Talk, Just Read. It's too concrete, I think. Having said that...

Here's my January Reads & Stats:

Books Read: 21 (wow!)
Books reviewed: 7 (interesting, huh?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grades
A: 8 - 36.4%
A-: 3 - 13.6%
B+: 7 - 31.8%
B: - 13.6%
C+: 1 - 4.5%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New-to-me Authors: 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contemporary: 16 - 76.2%
Hist-Regency era: 2 - 9.5%
Hist-Victorian: 2 - 9.5%
Hist-Western American: 1 - 4.8%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paranormal romance: 1 - 4.8%
Romantica: 3 - 14.3%
Romantic Suspense: 9 - 42.9%
Straight Romance: 8 - 38.1%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Print: 16 - 76.2%
Ebook: 5 - 23.8%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Return of Patrick O'Rourke: A-
Craving Candy: B+
How to Conjure a Man: C+
Midnight Temptation: A
A Carnal Agreement: B
Duplicity: B
Jacob: The Nightwalkers: A
The Stranger I Married: B+
Surrender to a Scoundrel: A-
Sun Kissed: B+
Don't Tell: A
Have You Seen Her: A
I'm Watching You: A
Nothing to Fear: A
Forget Me Not: B+
Summer Lovin': B+
A Little Bit Wicked: B+
Baby Love: B
Hard Evidence: A
Always in My Heart: B+
Emma and the Outlaw: A-

6 People Gabbed:

reviewer said...

I did almost as good. I read 20 books! Like you, I didn't review them all though. Here is my list for Jan..
http://dreamydeppmama.blogspot.com/2007/01/januarys-reading-list.html

Lori said...

Great list, Chantal. I've come to realize I only review about a third of the books I read. They have to really make an impression on me, usually, for me to put the effort into writing them up.

Anne said...

Holy smokes... you're more anal retentive than I am and that's saying A LOT. LOL The only place I keep track of books I read is here. *G* I'm not sure I could be arsed to do a spreadsheet too because some of the books just aren't good enough to warrant all that attention.

Linda said...

Well, I've read 33 books and did not finish 3. Of course, I'm retired so I have A LOT more time to read than you do. I haven't graded them but I'm noting the H/H and a brief note about the theme because sometimes I can't remember what the book was about a week after I've finished it. *grin*

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a lot of reading!

Anonymous said...

how did you get into reviewing books?

i am interested in getting started in that field