Monday, January 15, 2007

Update on Bob...

From Anne...

First and foremost.... thank you all SO VERY MUCH for your wonderful support. It has helped get me through this nightmare. It's been a LONG couple of days. I'm exhausted. Bob looks great. Just got back from the hospital an hour or so ago. He may be coming home tomorrow if his echocardiogram comes back good tomorrow morning. I still can't believe it happened, but he's got such a strong family history of heart attacks on his dad's side. Four of the six brothers died in their 40s of heart attacks and Bob is 43. *sigh* I can't wait to get him home where he belongs so I can hover and annoy him I've taken him horribly for granted and I so seriously need to apologize to him for that. It is true what they say, you don't know what you've got til it's gone, but in my case almost gone... so at least I have the opportunity to let him know what he means to me... at least I still have that chance, and it's one I won't let pass me by any time soon.

HUGS to you all and I'll send another update tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can tell you all that I spoke to Anne tonight and she sounds 100% better today than she did yesterday. Bob is cracking jokes today, up and walking (slowly) every couple of hours, and in a regular room. The boys have been great, and are being incredibly helpful. She was worried about not getting online to update everyone. That is so Anne. I told her not to worry; I would keep everyone posted. So just as we are all thinking of her, she is thinking of you all and she told me how amazed and grateful she is for your support and caring. I know that I've said it a million times before... we have found ourselves a wonderful group of friends... thanks y'all for caring about my friend :)

5 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is such great news! Hang in there, Anne--and revel in this chance to appreciate everything he means to you. No doubt he'll be appreciating you more, too. More prayers coming that he'll be home ASAP!

Hugs,
Shelby

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne, my thoughts are with you and Bob. I'm glad things are looking up.

Devon said...

So glad to hear things are going ok. I'll include you in my prayers. All the best to you both.

Kristie (J) said...

Thanks for letting us know that hubby is doing better and soon to be home. And nothing like that kind of scare to really let go of the little things and appreciate what a great thing you really have! And Lori - tell her to take care of Bob first and foremost!