Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All The Negativity Is Bringing Me Down...

Is anyone else out there tired of seeing the school murders and/or bomb threats in the news? What about the excessive murders as of late? Robberies? Well, I for one am sick and fucking tired of all the negativity in the news. Where are the good things that are going on out there? Are there any positive things to be talked about?

All I see in a 30-minute news report is about 20 minutes of bad stuff murder, shootings, beatings, fires, robberies, bombings, the war, etc, 3 minutes of weather, 3 minutes of sports, 2 minutes of commercials, and 2 minutes of good news(if that).

Honestly, with all the negativity on TV, is it any wonder the crime rate is so high? Is this part of the reason the kids don't feel any remorse for their actions when the commit a crime, because so many others are ruthless and immoral?

I seriously feel that all this negativity is bringing me down, it makes me feel as if evil is conquering good. It's so not good. Does anyone have anything good going on in their life? Anything positive to share? If so, please do! I'd be thrilled to hear about it!!!

7 People Gabbed:

Holly said...

I agree with you, Anne. I'm so tired of hearing about all the bad things going on in the world that I don't even scan MSN.com, the papers or the news anymore.

I don't have anything MAJOR good to report, but my kids are healthy (My son even has his first crush), I'm in love with the man of my dreams and we're all warm (well, except for my heater not working right now) and well fed. I just can't ask for more than that. :D

Lori said...

(((Anne))) I SO agree. We call the news the nightly homicide report. It's awful.

Let's see, what's good. Well, I have this really good friend who just sent off her very first book to these editors and agents who asked for it. That's awesome, and the book itself it fantastic!

My kids are both sick, but they are both doing well in school. One has straight As at middle school and the other may make principal's list at the elementary school this reporting period. :)

AND my sister, TB, has been remarkably quiet. Oh, and my nephew scored all 3 touchdowns for Simi High last week!

Hang in there, somthing good is bound to happen, right?

Rosie said...

Yes, the news has been particularly difficult to take the past month. It's hard to think of our children having to be in lock down when they are at school. That just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I have good report card news too! My son who basically hated school last year and barely ended the year with Cs came home with As and Bs this time. Praise be. You take your silver linings where you can find them.

Also, I just found out that there are Harry & David stores and I don't have to order everything. Of course that could be interpreted as a good news/bad news thing too. : )

Lori said...

Ooooh, congrats Rosie. That's awesome news about your son! AND, I did happen to notice that little tidbit about the dark chocolate Moose Munch bars at Target, no less! I'll have you know, you will be personally responsible for me gaining 50 pounds!

Rosie said...

Lori, misery loves company!! I keep telling myself everything in moderation. Which means resist the urge to buy a box of the bars to have in the house and just buy one at a time at Target. *sigh* The deals I make with myself.

Karen Scott said...

Anne, I used to think that British news was depressing until I went to the States. Everyday we were there, somebody got shot, raped, or murdered. That same week, there were two school shootings. One even resulted in a school principle being shot, then of course there were the five Amish girls.

Today I was getting out of my car, and I knocked over a guy on a bike with my car door. I was absolutely horrified, but he just got up, smiled at me, and went about on his way, even when I tried to get him to sit down. If that had been the States, I would have probably been facing a lawsuit.

Kris said...

My new baby has a great beating heart and is growing perfectly on track.