Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random Topics

First and foremost on my list of topics is... THE KIDS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL TODAY! NEENER! NEENER! NEENER!!! Okay, so I'm a little excited. LOL I work from home and it's been a long, noisy summer and the kids have bugged me constantly... I love them dearly, but I'm also grateful for the peace and quiet. Now, the only thing standing in the way of my solitude today is the fact that my DH has the day off. UGH. Tomorrow... will be MINE, ALL MINE! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Okay, getting a grip. LOL

The other day I took my son driving. He's got his temps, and he's doing really well at driving. We drove a bit in the city, then went into the country so he could get a little speed and we experienced every Wisconsin smell known to man. First let me explain that we live along the Lake Michigan shoreline, and I mean it's right there. So, anyway... We're driving along, and I smell the sweet smell of freshly cut hay. Ahhh. Not good for my allergies, but it smelled nice nonetheless. Then we smell cow shit... yep, true Wisconsin smell... manure. Then, we're driving along Lakeshore Road and smell dead fish from Lake Michigan... another blech smell. Then we get manure combined with the dead fish smell. Oh, what a treat. Then we turn, and we're cruising along another road, heading back to Sheboygan, and the WHOLE way back we smell manure. Manure, manure, and more manure. Let me tell you, it was RANK. Then there was the combined smell of manure and feed... oh yes, it was lovely. NOT. Blech. When we reached the city limits, Trav and I were so grateful we about broke down and cried. I'll never complain about the smell of a factory again... well, not for a little while at least.

Now, onto my main gripe. For the last 5-6 weeks, there have been signs and baracades down one of the main streets stating that the road was closed and signaling that construction was going to be starting. I told my kids and my hubby, "Watch and see, they'll start that damn construction right before school starts" because it's the main road and lots of people need to drive down or through that street to get to the high school and middle school on this side of town. So, what happens? Construction started last Tuesday. Was I right, or what? Is that bullshit, or what? BULLSHIT. Why the fuck couldn't they have done that shit in the BEGINNING of summer when the kids were out of school? Now, this is going to require EVERYONE to have to go all the fucking way around to take their kids to school... which is a ROYAL pain in the ass and I'm beyond pissed off at this whole situation. So pissed off that, in fact, I'm going to write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper and send a copy of it to the fucking Mayor of Sheboygan. Can you tell I'm just slightly peeved? I just don't understand why they don't plan things better, ya know? Why make construction more of a nuisance than it already is? I think they do it just to piss everyone off... and you know what? It's working, the fuckers.

1 People Gabbed:

Sam said...

I htink letters to the editor and mayor would be a good idea. You're right - it seems illogical to start construction work when everyone is using the road the most. Maybe women Should rule the world!!