Friday, May 19, 2006

Rabid Fan Girl of a Different Sort

Can a mom be a Rabid Fan Girl? For those of you looking for Sarah McCarty's guest blog on Rabid Fan Girls, look below. For those of you wanting to know about the next generation of serious rock and roll icons, stay put. My boys were in the school talent show variety show tonight. See, we have to call it a variety show, because to call it a talent show would be to imply that the kids that weren't in the show aren't talented - OY VEY! There's a topic for an entirely different post - this one is strictly about bragging.

There were about 50 acts altogether, ranging from 5 year olds to 12 year olds. Some very cute, some not so cute. Some good, some not so good. OK, a lot not so good, but hey, maybe that's why they didn't call it a talent show *snicker*. Loads of girls dancing to rap music. What's that about? And holy cow, I got a close up look at the girls that my son has been hanging out with this year. My, oh my. Did I look like that at 12? Wow. Those girls have bigger boobs than me! And wear more make up. And have cuter clothes, damn it. And have cuter bodies, double damn it.

Anyway, here's a quick recap of my 2 Rock 'n' Roll cuties:


Steve gets the crowd into it!

Steve opened the show - his
number was "Let There be
Drums". Here he is, totally
getting the crowd into it.
What a ham!

Steve plays with one hand only - how cool is that! Look at that stick fly!

He was amazing! This is in
the middle of the solo - he
is playing with his right
hand, holding his left hand
high. Very cool. Check out
how fast his right hand
was flying. Mom was screaming
and shouting along with
the rest of the audience.

Jeff's solo - how appropriate - the song is Drama Queen

Time to move on to the big boys.
Plutonium opened up the 2nd half
of the show. Check it out - this
is Jeff's solo in the song,
appropriately named...
"Drama Queen".
(Hey - all the moms agree,
not just me!)

Plutonium

Here is Plutonium. Van Halen, look out!

3 People Gabbed:

Erin the Innocent said...

Those are fantastic pictures Anne *g* It looks like they're having a blast!

Anonymous said...

I love it. And yes, quite a ham. I defintiely see big amps and garage bands in his future. *G*

Anne said...

too cool! It looks like they are having a blast! Like Sarah, I see garage bands in theirs and your future. *G*